FDA head says menu labeling 'thorny' issue
WASHINGTON — Diners will have to wait a little longer to find calorie counts on most restaurant chain menus, in supermarkets and on vending machines.Continued ...
Study: Even ancient mummies had clogged arteries
LONDON — Even without modern-day temptations like fast food or cigarettes, people had clogged arteries some 4,000 years ago, according to the biggest-ever hunt for the condition in mummies.Continued ...
People and pooches team up to fight flab
CHICAGO — Can't get rid of that paunch? A Chicago-area gym suggests working out with your pooch.Continued ...
Myriad languages, cultures challenge health reform
OAKLAND, Calif. — Set on a gritty corner of Oakland's International Boulevard, the nonprofit Street Level Health Project offers free checkups to patients who speak a total of 22 languages, from recent Mongolian immigrants seeking a doctor to Burmese refugees in need of a basic dental exam.Continued ...
- FDA halts Amgen study after teen patient death
- Evangelical Community Hospital's care pavilion proves a lifesaver
- Health coalition lists dozens of medical 'don'ts
- Slate: The mommy worry wars
- Slate: Childhood bullying linked to adult psychological disorders
- Weight-loss surgery fails to cut costs as hospitalizations rise
- Flu season taxes Virginia lawmakers as doctor-legislators aid both sides of aisle
- Don't have time to eat breakfast? Drink it
- FDA head says menu labeling 'thorny' issue