Zac Vawter used his bionic leg to climb 103 floors in Chicago's iconic Willis Tower. The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, where Vawter is receiving treatment, sponsored the charity stair climb.
US government files appeal on morning-after pill decision
NEW YORK — The Obama administration today filed a last-minute appeal to delay the sale of the morning-after contraceptive pill to girls of any age without a prescription.Continued ...
FDA lowers age for buyers of Plan B pill to 15
WASHINGTON — In a surprise twist to the decade-plus effort to ease access to morning-after pills, the government is lowering the age limit to 15 for one brand — Plan B One-Step — and will let it be sold over the counter.Continued ...
Vermont woman disfigured in attack reveals her new face
BOSTON — A Vermont woman revealed her new face Wednesday, six years after her ex-husband disfigured her by dousing her with industrial-strength lye, and said she went through "what some may call hell" but has found a way to be happy.Continued ...
- FDA will investigate added caffeine in foods
- Germ-zapping 'robots': Hospitals combat superbugs
- Poll: Aging nation in denial about long-term health care
- Boxing helps Parkinson’s patients fight back
- Study seeks 100,000 participants - and key to staying cancer-free
- Fallout for states rejecting Medicaid expansion
- Death toll from bird flu in China rises to 13
- Exercise as good as massage for sore muscles
- Where Germs Hide in Your Kitchen
- US government files appeal on morning-after pill decision